2023 was a giant 12 months for LinkedIn and its high creators. The platform cracked 1 billion users, added and eliminated a number of key options (goodbye Carousels), and have become a vacation spot for a lot of high creators.
The LinkedIn team should have come away with many classes as they introduced some key pivots inside the first month of 2024, most notably making the “Creator Mode” function the default for each person.
Equally, many high creators on the platform have taken the time to replicate on their progress in 2023 and create new methods for 2024. So, I requested them about their plans for LinkedIn in 2024 – and so they delivered.
P.S. In the event you learn to the top, you’ll get a shock bonus part from somebody particular. (Spoiler: It’s me)
What these high creators did to develop in 2023
LinkedIn is slowly however absolutely breaking out of its popularity as a mere job-seeking software, from Gen Z discovering it more and more palatable as they age to some customers even finding love on the platform. Its high creators have discovered new methods to mix skilled networking and inventive expression, resulting in a brand new period for influencers and types.
This backdrop set the stage for LinkedIn creators, who, in 2023, leveraged the platform’s dynamics – content material demand versus provide and engagement methods –to considerably develop their presence and affect.
Jay Clouse on embracing consistency and a focus arbitrage
Even with its billion-user milestone, solely about 1 % of its person base truly creates content material. And in 2023, Jay Clouse, founding father of Creator Science with 35k+ LinkedIn followers, harnessed this distinctive dynamic, the place the demand for content material far outstrips provide.
- Every day engagement: Dedicated to posting each weekday, fostering common interplay along with his viewers.
- Consideration arbitrage: Exploited the decrease competitors for visibility on LinkedIn, guaranteeing his content material reached a wider viewers.
- Content repurposing: Effectively leveraged materials from YouTube and newsletters, enhancing viewers progress with out sacrificing content material high quality.
Jay’s technique delivered a 68 % enhance in follower rely, demonstrating the facility of consistency and strategic content material planning.
Qetsiyah Jacobson, a social media supervisor at HeyOrca with almost 6,000 LinkedIn followers and a Top Social Media Marketing Voice badge, was centered on honing in on what makes LinkedIn distinctive for creators: the chance for genuine engagement and the constructing of a devoted neighborhood.
With a laser deal with sparking real conversations, her technique was easy but impactful:
- Engagement as a precedence: She aimed for her posts to draw views and begin conversations, believing the true worth lies within the dialogue.
- Authenticity in communication: Jacobson stripped again pointless filler, choosing directness in her content material, which resonated extra along with her viewers.
- Balanced content material combine: By mixing textual content posts with occasional visuals, she created a dynamic content material technique that inspired extra interplay.
The end result of her method was a stronger, extra engaged neighborhood round her profile, underlining the effectiveness of prioritizing engagement and authenticity on LinkedIn.
Lindsey Gamble on constructing a constant and diversified content material technique
Lindsey Gamble has over 7,000+ followers and is the author of a creator economy-focused e-newsletter. His method to LinkedIn in 2023 was a strategic mix of consistency, content material diversification, and neighborhood engagement.
This is a breakdown of his key methods and outcomes:
- Constant progress even with out virality: Lindsey achieved a notable enhance of over 4,900 followers, emphasizing the worth of constant content material supply over chasing viral hits. His posts averaged round 10,000 impressions, showcasing the cumulative energy of standard engagement.
- E-newsletter integration and repurposing: By introducing his newsletter to LinkedIn, Lindsey not solely expanded his subscriber base to over 3,000 but in addition used the elevated visibility to boost follower engagement. Repurposing e-newsletter content material into short-form posts proved an environment friendly technique to take care of consistency, particularly for matters of excessive curiosity.
- Model partnerships and talking alternatives: Lindsey’s strategic content material distribution and lively neighborhood engagement led to model partnerships, sponsorships, and prestigious talking engagements, akin to on the MIT Platform Technique Summit.
- Group engagement by feedback: Lindsey’s apply of participating with feedback on his posts and contributing significant insights on others’ content material helped foster a way of neighborhood and additional amplified his attain and affect.
Lara Acosta on prioritizing high quality and impactful content material
Her technique was easy but efficient: prioritize high quality over amount and ship value-packed, well-written content material. This method led to vital progress and set a precedent for content material creators aiming for substantial progress on the platform. She shared some key methods for fulfillment:
- Consistency and high quality: Lara emphasised the significance of consistency in posting, however not on the expense of high quality. She posted 5 occasions weekly on LinkedIn, guaranteeing every submit was high-quality and value-packed.
- Engagement: Lara additionally highlighted the importance of engaging with different posts and feedback on LinkedIn. This technique elevated her visibility and fostered a way of neighborhood and connection along with her viewers.
- Content material pillars: Lara’s content material technique was constructed round specific content pillars, which helped her keep focus and consistency in her posts. This method ensured her content material was all the time related and priceless to her viewers.
- AI instruments: Lara integrated AI instruments into her work, which helped her create extra impactful content material with much less effort. As an illustration, she used ChatGPT to develop distinctive content material pillars and submit concepts.
How these LinkedIn Creators are altering their methods in 2024
As LinkedIn continues to evolve, positioning itself as a pivotal platform inside the creator economic system, it is clear that the panorama for professionals who create is increasing.
With LinkedIn’s introduction of enhanced instruments for sponsored content material, improved analytics, and a suite of features to spice up content material efficiency and facilitate model partnerships, the platform is changing into an more and more priceless asset for creators.
These enhancements didn’t go unnoticed by the creator neighborhood, and so they’ve developed plans to harness the platform for 2024.
Jay Clouse is doubling down on carousels
Jay Clouse has recognized PDF carousels as a key content material format and plans to double down on them. His technique is to prioritize creating and sharing these high-impact visuals, aiming for a minimum of one carousel add per week. Alongside this, Jay is dedicated to sustaining a strong presence on the platform by publishing each day content material, whether or not textual content posts or pictures.
Jay’s plan aligns with our discovery that PDF carousels are one of many best-performing content material sorts on LinkedIn. The format comes second solely to picture and video content material, however not by a big margin.
Qetsiyah Jacobson is enhancing her private model with visuals and case research
In 2024, Qetsiyah plans to grow her personal brand on LinkedIn by incorporating extra visuals into her content material technique. She plans to enhance her instructional posts with extra private and visually interesting components.
She additionally plans to share extra case research to offer tangible proof of her experience and the worth she will be able to provide to potential freelance purchasers. These posts are designed to transform inquiries by demonstrating her expertise and outcomes by exhausting numbers and success tales.
With this strategic shift, she hopes to foster deeper connections along with her neighborhood and exhibit her experience to draw extra freelance purchasers.
Lindsey Gamble is monetizing content material
Lindsey is gearing up for an bold 2024. His major focus is to monetize his following and content extra successfully, with a eager eye on growing his followers and e-newsletter subscribers.
Lindsey’s technique is multifaceted, involving a mixture of content material sorts, collaborations, and a powerful deal with outbound alternatives.
- Rising followers and subscribers: Lindsey goals to grow his LinkedIn following to fifteen,000 and his e-newsletter subscribers to 10,000. Attaining these numbers won’t solely develop his attain but in addition improve his potential for monetization by sponsored content material and newsletters.
- Optimizing for outbound alternatives: Whereas Lindsey has efficiently capitalized on inbound alternatives prior to now, he plans to proactively create outbound alternatives in 2024. This might contain pitching for talking engagements, advising roles, or model partnerships, diversifying his income streams.
- Doubling income: Lindsey’s final purpose for 2024 is to double the income he generated in 2023 from his LinkedIn presence. This bold goal underscores his dedication to turning his LinkedIn actions into a big revenue supply.
- Creating and sharing extra visible content material: Recognizing the attraction and effectiveness of visible content material, Lindsey plans to share more carousels (PDFs) and short-form videos. These codecs are visually participating and make content material extra digestible, doubtlessly boosting his submit impressions and engagement.
Whereas LinkedIn stays a serious platform for Lindsey, he’s additionally exploring different platforms like Threads and YouTube. Threads affords a novel alternative to attach with a unique viewers, particularly creators. On YouTube, Lindsey plans to share clips from podcasts and talking engagements, providing one other avenue for his viewers to devour his content material.
Lara Acosta plans to diversify platforms
Lara, in a twist from the opposite creators on this checklist, is setting her sights on broadening her digital footprint in 2024. Whereas LinkedIn stays her major platform, Lara is eager to discover integrating newsletters and YouTube into her content material technique.
This transfer isn’t just about enlargement however about making a cohesive content material ecosystem that leverages the strengths of every platform.
- Growth into newsletters: Recognizing the worth of direct communication along with her viewers, Lara plans to deal with her newsletter in 2024. This medium will enable for deeper dives into matters of curiosity, offering worth past the constraints of LinkedIn’s format. It is a strategic transfer to build a more intimate connection along with her followers, providing unique insights and updates on to their inboxes.
- Exploring YouTube for broader attain: YouTube presents a chance for Lara to faucet into a unique content material consumption habits. She will be able to interact along with her viewers dynamically and personally by creating video content material. Try Lara’s YouTube channel.
5 classes anybody can apply on LinkedIn
The insights and methods these creators share present a roadmap for others seeking to develop on LinkedIn in 2024. Listed below are among the collective classes from their experiences.
- Foster neighborhood by genuine engagement: Qetsiyah Jacobson centered on sparking real conversations and prioritized engagement along with her viewers. She stripped again pointless filler, choosing directness in her content material, which resonated extra along with her viewers. Lara Acosta additionally highlighted the significance of participating with different LinkedIn posts and feedback, attributing her progress tempo to this technique.
- Construct a constant and diversified content material technique: Jay Clouse’s progress demonstrated the facility of consistency. He dedicated to posting each weekday and exploited the decrease competitors for visibility on LinkedIn, guaranteeing his content material reached a wider viewers. Lindsey Gamble achieved progress by a mix of consistency, content material diversification, and neighborhood engagement. He built-in his e-newsletter into LinkedIn, repurposed content, and engaged with feedback on his posts.
- Plan for platform diversification: Social media shouldn’t be your solely platform as a creator. Lara plans to diversify their on-line presence throughout a number of platforms like newsletters and YouTube. This strategic diversification will broaden her digital footprint and permit her to have interaction with a wider viewers throughout totally different codecs.
- Monetize content material and followers: With options like sponsored content material labels and improved analytics, there’s no higher time to monetize your LinkedIn content material. Lindsey Gamble is specializing in monetizing his following and content material by growing followers and subscribers, creating outbound alternatives, and setting bold income targets.
- Experiment with content material codecs: LinkedIn has a wide range of content material codecs, a lot of which creators nonetheless aren’t making the most of. Jay Clouse is doubling down on PDF carousels, whereas Lindsey Gamble plans to share extra visible content material and short-form movies.
Prime LinkedIn creators are profitable as a result of they regulate the ebbs and flows of platforms and their audiences. It is necessary to remain nimble and constant and to be open to altering methods as wanted.
Bonus: Tamilore Oladipo plans on doubling her followership
I is probably not within the LinkedIn huge leagues simply but, however I skilled numerous progress in 2024 and wished to share my reflections and plans for 2024.
I discover that LinkedIn is fairly equal alternative and honest about who it pushes – the outcomes from the previous 12 months on the platform are the most important signal of this. Most notably, I lastly handed 10,000 followers, and my content material obtained over 400,000 impressions. That is regardless of an rare schedule and a reasonably huge number of content material themes – together with an experiment using AI to publish on LinkedIn for 7 days.
I attribute this tempo of progress to 1 factor: the LinkedIn algorithm and its surprisingly simple potential to make a creator explode in follower and engagement quantity. I adopted most of the similar methods I’ve written about and noticed reasonable success.
In 2024, I plan to double my progress (a frightening activity) by publishing constantly, experimenting with content material codecs, and interesting with my viewers usually. Sustain with my progress over on LinkedIn or be part of the Buffer neighborhood for updates.