There are few issues that spark as a lot pleasure as with the ability to set up something and the whole lot by coloration. It’s a straightforward and visible approach to lay issues out, and on the earth of content material and social media, staying organized is likely one of the greatest methods to maintain on high of planning. That’s one in every of many causes that so many people at Buffer had been wanting ahead to including tags to our Buffer posts. These helpful, color-coordinated tags are like a breath of recent air for anybody wanting so as to add some visible group to their content material creation and planning.
There are many methods to make use of this new characteristic inside Buffer to maintain scheduled posts and concepts all grouped collectively. For inspiration, we gathered up use instances from each the beta customers who’ve been serving to us check this characteristic and the Buffer staff.
With that, listed here are 11 methods to make the most of this lovely new characteristic to its fullest potential, 5 straight from our staff and group.
As with many issues in life, we are able to all have entry to the identical issues however use them totally in a different way. Tags is a type of options in Buffer. The great thing about tags is that they’re versatile and customizable to how your mind works and the way you wish to see your content material, concepts, and posts. Listed below are a number of ways in which our staff and group are already utilizing tags:
To arrange submit concepts and drafts by matters
Essentially the most easy method to make use of tags is to prepare social submit concepts and drafts by subject or sort of submit.One among our beta testers, Andrea of Andrea Likes Birds has been utilizing tags for simply this over the previous couple of weeks since she’s had entry to the characteristic. “I’ve tags for journeys I’ve taken, the place I wish to hold the posts grouped as a location-based story. I take advantage of tags to ID particular sorts of posts, like posts for particular days or focuses, and even by the kind of chicken!” (How lovely are Andrea’s concepts and tags under? 🤩)
Buffer’s Workers Product Supervisor, Brandon Green, has taken the identical strategy. “I’m utilizing Tags to prepare submit concepts (and drafts) by subject, principally for LinkedIn content material.” He’s organized his posts based mostly on whether or not they’re product-focused content material, distant work content material, work-life steadiness, and some different matters.
Right here’s a glimpse of Brandon’s tags:
To trace submit efficiency in analytics
Buffer’s Social Media Supervisor, Mitra Mehvar, has been utilizing tags to get analytics reviews for particular posts “so I can get a greater take a look at how content material is performing and make any modifications if wanted.” That is a straightforward method for anybody to maintain shut tabs on efficiency for varied sorts of posts or matters of posts. Right here’s the view Mitra is taking a look at when she’s monitoring the efficiency of our Open Books content:
To arrange AI prompts
Tami Oladipo, a Content material Author at Buffer, additionally occurs to be one in every of our teammates who’s essentially the most educated about AI. She’s shared her strategy for collaborating with AI prior to now and has been utilizing tags to “kind the customized AI prompts I share within the Social Media Newsletter” as a result of she says, “it helps separate it from my extra random spurts of writing within the Concepts part.”
To arrange posts based mostly on content material pillar
In case you have actually particular social media goals, you might need damaged down your content material into content pillars. That’s what Kirsti Lang, a Content material Author at Buffer has executed. “I’m utilizing tags to prepare all my posts and concepts by content material pillar, within the hope of pinpointing what sort of content material resonates essentially the most on every platform. I’m simply beginning out with this new system, so I’m wanting ahead to digging into the analytics for every tag as I submit extra on every of the pillars!”
To differentiate between concepts for various accounts
One other method to make use of tags is to distinguish between content material concepts for various accounts in addition to matters. Nathan Nannenga, a Senior Product Supervisor at Buffer, additionally runs a small enterprise outdoors of labor and makes use of tags to hurry up his course of for scheduling new content material. “I take advantage of tags to assist kind the content material I wish to submit on totally different channels for my small business. When it’s time to schedule one thing new, it makes discovering content material for that channel a snap, as I’ve received a sortable repository of concepts and content material able to go.”
I do the identical — I’ve posts for private accounts but additionally for a podcast account that I run, and utilizing tags, I can rapidly distinguish between these concepts and filter them once I’m batch-creating content based mostly on the account I’m creating content material for.
Right here’s what my tags appear like:
There are tons extra methods to make use of this new characteristic as properly. Just a few concepts we’ve had as a staff are:
- Collaboration: You should utilize tags to work extra effectively together with your staff. Tag concepts from totally different teammates, add a standing if a submit must be reviewed, or add different context like “ready on imagery” to any content material inside Buffer.
- Repurposing: Clearly mark content material that may be added to your Buffer queue once more with a tag like “evergreen” or “month-to-month” for content to repurpose and share each month. This helps guarantee your greatest content material will get repeated visibility.
- Monitor content material sources: In the event you’re curating content material from totally different sources, tags will help you monitor and credit score the unique creators or web sites. You’ll additionally be capable of see in analytics if content material from particular sources is performing higher than others.
- Localization: In case your viewers is world, tags will help you kind content material based mostly on area or language, making certain localized content material reaches its meant viewers.
- Monitoring targets: You might need a number of targets in your social content material, engagement, model consciousness, internet site visitors — you may assign a tag to every aim and just remember to’re each creating content material throughout all your social media goals but additionally monitor the efficiency of that content material later in your analytics based mostly on the tag.
- Combine with Zapier: Buffer has a powerful integration with Zapier. A technique to make use of the mixing is to attach a platform the place you retain content material concepts and have these robotically added to Buffer as properly with the right tag. For instance, I’ve a database in Notion I hold of quotes from articles and books, I can join it to Buffer by way of Zapier in order that anytime I add a brand new quote to that database, it’s added as an concept to Buffer with the tag “quotes.”
Assume we missed an effective way to make use of tags? Depart a remark under with how you employ it, and we’d add it to this weblog submit. 😉