When considered one of Dulma Altan’s followers known as her movies “TikTok B-College for Girls,” she didn’t simply snigger and transfer on; she turned it into her tagline. Now, it’s how individuals seek advice from her on-line.
Intentional strikes like that set Dulma, who’s well-versed in enterprise technique from her work as an entrepreneur, other than different creators. From the beginning of her journey as a creator in 2020, she utilized her expertise to her content material creation and was one of many first to faucet into her area of interest – “enterprise technique from the lens of women-led manufacturers.”
From the story of her tagline to picking a profitable area of interest to suppose like a one-person content material company, Dulma’s journey is a treasure trove of insights for aspiring creators.
- Dulma turned her ardour into revenue by figuring out a distinct segment that resonates along with her values and pursuits – making enterprise technique accessible on TikTok utilizing female-led manufacturers.
- Navigate fixed platform adjustments with the 80/20 method the place 80% is prioritizing high quality content material and 20% is staying up to date with platform adjustments.
- Consider your self as a one-person content material company to higher align your content material with the general targets of potential sponsors and companions.
- Leverage “platform arbitrage” by creating surprising content material on a selected platform to remain recent and modern.
- Diversify your content material by embracing completely different content material codecs and platforms to increase your attain, interact your viewers in new methods, and maintain your content material recent and thrilling.
Standing out with a mix of authenticity and technique
Dulma’s creator journey started with identifying a specific niche, not as a result of it was profitable, however as a result of it was genuine to her.
Her ardour linked along with her huge expertise within the area of interest, making it straightforward for her to start out sharing content material, “making enterprise extra binge-worthy and accessible” on TikTok. And her deal with female-founded firms and girls in enterprise allowed her to create content material that was each significant to her and related to her viewers.
Establish your ardour and align it along with your content material. Authenticity breeds connection, and connection builds an engaged viewers.
What powers the constructive reception to Dulma’s content material? One half is her skill to distill enterprise methods and ideas via the favored manufacturers amongst her viewers. One other, fairly main, half is the recognizability of her model, due to the commenter that impressed her tagline.
She instantly acknowledged its potential saying, “I added it to my bio and that made it so that individuals actually knew what to anticipate from me. It was a extremely evocative, highly effective declaration of what and who my account was for and what I wish to cowl.”
There’s extra that goes into constructing an engaged on-line viewers than a catchy brand or a well-designed web site. The most well-liked creators are instantly recognizable to their viewers by their model – the distinctive identification that separates them from the noise within the crowded digital panorama.
“What do you stand for? And how are you going to convey that in a extremely concise, highly effective, evocative method? If yow will discover a little bit tagline for that or a little bit soundbite? It is actually useful,” says Dulma.
Dulma’s “TikTok B-College for Girls” tagline grew to become a strong declaration of her model’s function. It’s been cited organically in the press and by her followers and helps individuals shortly perceive her account and content material.
Katelyn Bourgoin has a similar story behind her “Buyer Whisperer” tagline. Your instantly recognizable branding (a coloration, tone of voice, or tagline) ought to encapsulate the essence of you in a concise and memorable method. It ought to inform individuals what to anticipate from you and what you stand for.
Do not be afraid to borrow inspiration out of your neighborhood or viewers, as they typically see your model from a novel perspective.
Navigate platform adjustments with out changing into obsessed
Change is the one fixed within the social media business/creator financial system. Algorithms change day by day, what labored for a creator right this moment might not work six months from now, or a brand new, revolutionary know-how ( you, AI) involves disrupt issues.
“How can I maintain including worth in a method that blows individuals’s minds or simply will get them coming again and makes them suppose wow, I am unable to consider I am getting all this data without spending a dime.”
Dulma acknowledges that navigating the ever-changing panorama requires balancing staying knowledgeable and focusing in your objectives. For her, that’s persistently adding value to her audience along with her content material.
She says, “How can I maintain including worth in a method that blows individuals’s minds or simply will get them coming again and makes them suppose wow, I am unable to consider I am getting all this data without spending a dime.”
As a seasoned enterprise strategist, Dulma’s method to platform adjustments and evolutions is pragmatic. A lot of her model is constructed round contextualizing advanced enterprise information, so she has to remain on the heartbeat. So, how does she sustain and maintain a cool head?
“My philosophy round that is sustaining an 80/20 method and specializing in creating the perfect, Most worthy content material attainable,” she explains.
Her 80/20 steadiness, the place 80 % of your focus is on creating useful, participating content material that resonates along with your viewers, and 20 % is on staying knowledgeable about new tendencies and updates. This method ensures that you simply’re not consumed by each little element, permitting you to focus on what really issues: your content material and your viewers.
Dulma’s method is rooted within the perception that the core high quality of content material is what really issues. Whereas staying knowledgeable about platform updates and new options is crucial, it should not be the first focus.
As an alternative, creators ought to think about delivering high quality and related content material to their viewers. “I assure any algorithm updates are going to be oriented in direction of making individuals as engaged as attainable, and in case you maintain including worth, you may at all times be capable of try this.”
Concentrate on understanding your viewers’s wants and pursuits. Create content material that educates, entertains, or evokes them and persistently ship high-quality content material that stands out for its worth slightly than adherence to the most recent tendencies.
Dulma additionally warns towards the entice of “shiny object syndrome,” the place creators develop into overly targeted on the most recent platform options or algorithm tweaks. This method can result in confusion and a lack of deal with what really issues – creating content material that connects along with your viewers.
Consider your self as a one-person content material company
Turning ardour into revenue is the dream of many creators – however many creators aren’t businesspeople, so it’s onerous to rework your artistic work right into a sustainable revenue. Dulma’s enterprise background helped her discover her chosen monetization technique – brand sponsorships – and she or he shared some recommendation about monetizing content.
The very first thing she advises is extra of a mindset shift. “For those who’re a creator, and also you’re trying to take monetization severely, and also you’re trying to work along with your dream manufacturers, you actually need to consider your self as a one-person content material company,” she says.
This mindset permits her to align her content material with the general targets and methods of potential sponsors. She approaches model collaborations with a strategic mindset. As an alternative of ready for the model to make the primary transfer, she takes the reins in any dialog. Her recommendation boils right down to:
- Ask questions in regards to the enterprise
- Perceive their objectives
- Be proactive in providing options that match their wants.
- Tailor your content material to align with their targets.
For those who’re critical about monetizing your content material, then each a part of your technique ought to align with potential monetization alternatives. For instance, Dulma emphasizes the significance of choosing a distinct segment that’s not solely genuine to you but additionally has the potential to be worthwhile. The extra outlined and profitable your area of interest, the higher positioned you’re for monetization and model sponsorships.
Discover a area of interest that resonates along with your pursuits and experience, but additionally take into account its potential for profitability. Analysis the market, perceive the viewers’s wants, and establish alternatives for collaboration with manufacturers.
Even her content material creation is influenced by her company mindset. Dulma shared the idea of “platform arbitrage,” the place she creates surprising content material on a selected platform to remain recent and modern. This method helps her stand out and appeal to model sponsors trying to diversify.
Suppose creatively about how one can current your content material on completely different platforms. Experiment with new codecs and kinds that set you aside. Think about how one can supply one thing distinctive that manufacturers are in search of.
Different components that assist her appeal to the fitting sponsors are:
- A transparent and concise model message that helps audiences and sponsors perceive what to anticipate from working along with her.
- Providing bundle offers to advertisers which will increase the worth of her choices
Discover numerous income streams, together with bundle offers, affiliate marketing online, and sponsored content material. Be clear and genuine in your collaborations, and be certain that your choices align along with your area of interest and model.
Whether or not you are simply beginning or trying to elevate your monetization sport, these methods present a sensible method to constructing a worthwhile content material creation enterprise. Focus in your area of interest, suppose strategically, and at all times try to ship worth.
Diversifying and experimenting with content material codecs
Diversification is not only a technique; it is a necessity. Embracing completely different content material codecs and platforms can increase your attain, interact your viewers in new methods, and maintain your content material recent and thrilling. It additionally protects you from the fixed adjustments of social media, providing you with someplace to attach along with your viewers outdoors of one thing led by an algorithm.
“I consider in assembly my viewers the place they’re,” Dulma says. “Podcasting allowed me to attach on a extra private degree, whereas newsletters offered focused insights and updates.”
Even the idea of platform arbitrage expands to those two mediums – Dulma’s sponsors have a number of methods to achieve her viewers due to the time she’s invested. For instance, she talked about that the podcast wasn’t actually pushed by a technique – extra a have to discover a brand new format. She challenged herself to document 100 podcasts in 100 days (and did it!).
She prioritizes experimentation in determining what to strive subsequent. Her method of attempting new codecs, studying from them, and refining her method led to her pausing the e-newsletter – however she’s saved up the podcast.
“You do not know what’s going to resonate till you strive it,” she explains. “Experimentation has led me to find new avenues for connection and progress.”
Dulma’s journey as a creator is a masterclass in strategic considering, authenticity, and adaptableness. Her success isn’t unintentional; it is the results of intentional choices, a transparent understanding of her viewers, and a willingness to experiment and evolve.
Listed below are the highest takeaways from Dulma’s method:
- Authenticity = connection: Dulma’s success started with figuring out a distinct segment that was each significant and genuine to her. Her connection along with her viewers is rooted in her ardour and experience, making her content material resonate on a deeper degree.
- Embrace distinctive branding alternatives: The “TikTok B-College for Girls” tagline is greater than a catchy phrase; it is a highly effective declaration of her model’s function. Do not be afraid to borrow inspiration out of your neighborhood; they typically see your model from a novel perspective.
- Stability the way you navigate platform adjustments: Take Dulma’s 80/20 method to platforms, which emphasizes the significance of specializing in useful content material and staying knowledgeable with out changing into obsessed. Her philosophy ensures that the core high quality of content material stays the first focus.
- Suppose like a one-person content material company: Dulma’s strategic method to monetization and model collaborations is a lesson in considering past the creator’s mindset. Her proactive and tailor-made method to working with manufacturers units her aside within the crowded digital panorama.
- Diversify and experiment with content material codecs: Be prepared to discover new codecs. It helps you meet your viewers the place they’re, and attempting new avenues can result in surprising progress and connection.
- Monetize with technique and authenticity: Her monetization methods, together with her “platform arbitrage” idea, spotlight the significance of aligning content material with potential monetization alternatives. Her clear model message and modern choices make her a beautiful accomplice for sponsors.
Dulma’s insights present a sensible and provoking information regardless of the place you’re in your creator journey.