Earlier this 12 months, our social media supervisor, Mitra, revealed a TikTok to the Buffer account that went viral, with over two million views and greater than 100,000 likes eventually depend. This type of virality is uncommon, and we haven’t seen something comparable since then.
In an excellent world, each TikTok you create will go viral. It could definitely be nice to get the phrase out about Buffer — however that’s not how the world works. We’re not defeatists, although – the character of social media signifies that consistency usually yields higher outcomes than virality. And we’ve been constant.
Due to cautious evaluation of which components of our viral TikTok contributed to its success, we’ve been in a position to increase our metrics since then. We attribute a lot of this understanding to TikTok analytics.
On this information, we’ll undergo every part you should learn about TikTok analytics — from what metrics and insights can be found to the best way to get all of them without cost to what you are able to do with them to spice up your development on TikTok.
What’s TikTok analytics?
TikTok analytics is a set of information and metrics that present insights into how your content material performs on the platform.
They mean you can perceive who your viewers is, what content material they interact with, and when they’re most lively. This data is essential as it may possibly provide help to make data-driven choices to create your finest content material, enhance engagement, and develop your viewers.
Learn how to entry your TikTok analytics
Right here’s the best way to entry your TikTok analytics.
Open the app and navigate to your TikTok profile (within the backside right-hand nook).
Click on the icon within the prime proper nook, click on Creator Instruments, then choose “Analytics.”
Go to tiktok.com/analytics – you ought to be introduced with the web page beneath.
Word which you could solely entry your analytics this manner if you happen to’re logged in to your TikTok account.
In any other case, you will must log in, then hover over your profile picture and choose “Enterprise Suite”.
4 TikTok insights and metrics to watch
There are various metrics to trace your follower depend, likes, feedback, and shares. However TikTok analytics go deeper: they mean you can measure weekly and month-to-month development, video efficiency by playtime, details about follower exercise in your movies, and extra.
You’ll see a special overview relying on whether or not you may have a Creator or a Enterprise account and whether or not you’re logged into your TikTok account on cell or desktop. Nevertheless, the data is essentially the identical. Inside your analytics, you will sometimes see 4 sections: Overview, Content material, Followers, and LIVE.
Listed here are the metrics to watch in your TikTok analytics dashboard.
On the Overview tab, you may see the quantity and development charge of:
- Likes, feedback, and shares of your content material
- Movies you’ve shared
- Followers you’ve gained
Digging deeper into the accessible metrics, within the Overview tab, you may see over a 7, 28, or 60 interval or a customized date vary your:
- Video views: That is what number of views your movies have acquired within the chosen interval.
- Profile views: This exhibits the variety of profile views over a sure interval, which may also help you establish the kind of content material driving individuals to your profile.
The vast choices for date ranges are nice for seeing the influence of a viral video in your content material efficiency.
Subsequent is the Content material tab, which exhibits extra particular details about your revealed TikTok content material. You’ll see views for the final 9 movies you posted within the final seven days. Word that content material metrics are solely accessible for the earlier 7 days.
You’ll additionally get a fast have a look at whether or not you posted the identical, roughly content material than the earlier 7 days. The “Trending movies” part exhibits the highest 9 of your movies with the quickest development in views over the previous 7 days.
- Common watch time: That is the common time individuals spent watching your video. You possibly can examine this to the common size of your movies total to grasp if you happen to need longer or shorter videos.
- Complete play time: That is the entire watch time of all of the customers who got here throughout your video.
- Video views by part: See how individuals uncover your video, whether or not out of your profile or if it appeared on their For You feed.
- Video views by demographics: You may also get perception into the gender, ages, and places of your video viewers.
Right here, you may view detailed insights about your followers. Understanding your follower demographics and the way they interact along with your content material may also help you develop and ship higher content material.
- Complete followers: You possibly can see the entire variety of accounts that observe you in a determine and bar graph.
- Web followers: The variety of new followers minus those who unfollowed over a specific interval.
- Gender: A chart sorting the proportion of your followers by gender.
- Age demographics: A breakdown of your followers by age group.
- Prime international locations and cities: This part highlights the highest 5 international locations and cities your followers are in.
This can be a beneficial a part of your TikTok analytics as you may schedule your TikTok content prematurely.
TikTok LIVE analytics
The TikTok LIVE tab directs you to the LIVE Heart.
In case you’ve hosted any live videos previously 7 or 28 days, you’ll be capable to see:
- Complete views: The variety of viewers on your dwell movies.
- Complete time: The time you’ve spent internet hosting dwell movies.
- New followers: TikTok customers who started following you throughout a Stay session.
- Prime viewer depend: The very best variety of dwell video viewers at one particular time.
- Distinctive viewers: Viewers who watched your dwell video no less than as soon as (even when a viewer replays it, they’re counted solely as soon as).
- Diamonds: Digital presents that customers might ship you – nice solution to monetize your TikTok content.
- Viewer rating: This exhibits which of your viewers have shared probably the most presents and watched most of your Stay classes.
Learn how to use your TikTok analytics in your content material technique
Now that you recognize the place to seek out your TikTok analytics, what subsequent? Understanding analytics is not nearly good, upward numbers; it is about taking that data and tailoring your content material higher. Listed here are some tricks to benefit from your TikTok analytics:
- Determine your key metrics: The Analytics tab on TikTok is filled with data and might simply get misplaced within the knowledge. Concentrate on the metrics that align along with your content material targets. Listed here are some important metrics to watch:
- Complete views: Perceive the attain of your content material.
- Complete engagement: Measure likes, feedback, and shares.
- Video watch charge: Analyze how lengthy viewers are watching your movies. Is there a drop-off level in your longer content material? It’s possible you’ll wish to make shorter movies.
- Engagement charge by views: Consider how participating your content material is relative to the variety of views.
- Engagement and viewership journeys: Monitor how your content material spreads throughout the platform.
- Follower development: Monitor the expansion of your follower base.
- Prime posts: Determine your most profitable content material.
- Greatest posting instances: Uncover when your viewers is most lively.
- Experiment along with your posting schedule: Use the insights out of your analytics to seek out the perfect days and instances to submit. Additionally, contemplate particular events or trending matters that may affect your posting schedule. If there’s a development which you could capitalize on instantly, don’t wait to submit that!
- Experiment with TikTok options: Do not be afraid to attempt new issues like TikTok LIVE, carousel posts, or a collaboration with one other creator by means of duets and stitches. Analyze the efficiency to see what resonates.
Apply what resonates with you and your viewers from all these suggestions. Take into account creating extra if a specific sort of content material performs effectively and you’re feeling okay with the subject or format. If it performs effectively, however you don’t prefer it sufficient to maintain attempting, then let it go. Regulate the motion of your analytics and make tweaks as you develop.
Make genuine content material whatever the numbers
Except you might be working to develop your account on behalf of another person, analytics needs to be an addition to your content material technique, not the entire technique. The TikTok algorithm controls the distribution of your content material greater than you do, so you may solely achieve this a lot tweaking.
So whereas analytics may also help you perceive content material efficiency, it should not dictate your whole creative process. If you end up leaning into the kind of content material that contributed to that virality over your content material pillars, you may lose the potential to attach along with your actual viewers.
It’s finest to think about the larger image, lean evenly on analytics, and use them as a supply of perception relatively than technique.